- In trouble early: Tanner Roark (-30.7%) has his worst outing in some time, with hits, walks, errors, and HBP to the tune of 5 runs over 5 IP with 4 Ks and 3 BBs.
- He made an adjustment to his [junk-]timing: Danny Espinosa (+2.8%) bounces a solo shot off the railing above the flower beds in straightaway LF with the game well out of hand in the 5th to pad his stats a bit (+6.1%).
- Unrealized potential: Bryce Harper (-1.9%) singles to put runners 2nd/3rd with no outs in the 6th (+13.3%). No runs score (-23.0%).
- Way to make junk time junkier: Blake Treinen (-12.4%) gives up five runs of meltdown over the course of getting only two outs in the aeyth.
- There's our bright spot: Trea Turner (+12.5%) ties the franchise record for consecutive hits with a 4-5 night.
- Speaking of stat-padding: Daniel Murphy (+4.7%) drops a junk-time granny into the home bullpen with one down in the 9th (+1.1%).
- Believe (briefly): Anthony Rendon (+1.1%) doubles in a run (+7.1%) and Wilson Ramos (-3.7%) reaches on a FC to the pitcher when Rendon gets back to the bag in front of an ill-advised throw to second (+7.8%) to bring the winning run to the plate in the 9th.
WalkoffDream-killer: Ryan Zimmerman (-28.9%) GDPs to squash the 9th-inning miracle rally and end the game, part of his 0-5, 3 LOB night (-19.1%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by June-related nostalgia: