- Still better than his first start: A.J. Cole (-4.0%) gets out of some jams and gets others all over his uniform, giving up 3 runs in 5.2 IP with 4 Ks, 3 walks, a HBP or two and some WPs.
- Hey, I remember this guy: Bryce Harper (+0.7%) doubles in a run to get the Nats on the board in the fourth (+13.1%).
- Good work if you can get it: Matt Belisle (+6.4%) come on to get the last out in the 6th, getting to K to defuse a two-on, two-out situation and earn a shutdown.
- I forsee more PFP: Marc Rzepczynski (-10.2) gets 7 outs in the 7th, aeyth, and 9th, but lets in a run to put the Nats behind and earn a meltdown.
- Must be a full moon: Jayson Werth (+38.0%) singles in a run to tie the game and send it to extras with two outs in the 9th (+46.6%).
- Oops: Daniel Murphy (-11.7%) grounds out to strand Werth at third in the 9th, sending it to extras (-12.4%).
- Stay on target: Mark Melancon (+13.2%) keeps it tied in the 10th.
- Eat the inning: Yusmeiro Petit (-49.3%) was stuck standing when the music stopped, giving up 5 runs in the 11th for perhaps the biggest meltdown (runs-wise) on the season.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by early flight: