- Now one for his last 44: Max Scherzer (+22.5% pitching, +9.0% hitting) decides he wants all the WPA, allowing three runs in 8 IP with 11 Ks and a walk, and driving in the eventual winning runs with a two-out, two-RBI single in the 6th (+17.8%).
- Don't get homer-happy, kid: Trea Turner (-1.9%) cranks an absolutely bomb about 20 rows back in left center for a solo dinger to get the Nats on the board in the 3rd (+11.6%).
- Boringly reliable: Daniel Murphy (+14.7%) hits a solo shot of his own to put the Nats ahead in the 6th (+17.0%).
- Two-out rally: Danny Espinosa (+7.1%) starts the scoring in the Nats' 9th-inning insurance rally with an RBI, ground-rule double (+9.7%).
- You don't have to be flashy to pile up WPA: Pedro Severino is 2-3 with a bases-loaded walk to drive in a run in the 9th (+3.8%).
This morning's WPA brought to you by big plans for the off-day: