- Warning-track power: Gio Gonzalez (+24.5%) gives up 1 run in 7 IP with 7 Ks and 1 walk, but his fifth-inning fly ball is caught just in front of the wall in LF (-1.4%).
- Scoring without making outs: Daniel Murphy (+8.1%) hits an RBI single put the Nats on the board in the first and set up their second run (+9.4%).
- What did I tell you about getting homer-happy? Trea Turner (+9.6%) pads the lead (and his stats) with a fifth-inning solo shot into the LF corner (+7.7%).
- Hit more hard: Wilson Ramos (+4.2%) cranks a solo bomb into the racing-president staging area in straightaway center to pad his stats in the 6th (+4.1%).
- You can tell who the relief ace is by all the WPA they rack up: Mark Melancon (+1.3%) throws a scoreless, 1-2-3 9th and does not earn a shutdown because there's not enough WPA left because it isn't a high-leverage situation. DUSTY!!
Tonight's WPA brought to you by more than a ten-percent improvement in mood, more like twenty: