What can the Nats do differently to win today... and on Thursday? Well, it’s a little unclear right now, but here’s what we have:
- Score again.
- Put the bat on the baseball so that: “the batter reaches first base before any fielder can either tag him with the ball, throw to another player protecting the base before the batter reaches it, or tag first base while carrying the ball.”
- Start Wilmer Difo in place of Trea Turner, let him get a leadoff hit, then pinch run Trea at first so that he thinks he was actually the one who got the hit.
- Knock out all of the Cubs, put them in Nationals uniforms, then put on their Cubs uniforms, and let the “Nationals” win the game.
- Bunt, but hit the ball with the round edge of the bat so that it pops up again, again, again, and again, then slowly walk the bouncing baseball out to the wall, where you can tap it over the fence.
- “Injure” Jose Lobaton, make a one-day trade for Jose Altuve, and start him at catcher.
Here are a few ideas from Twitter, but again: Random guesses. Nobody really knows what the problem is.
Nationals scored 0 and 1 runs in the two losses and 6 runs in the win. Clearly the strategy tomorrow has to be score 6 runs.— Some Other Shawn (@SomeOtherShawn) October 10, 2017
.@Nationals score some goddamn runs, you cowards— Jacob Rasch (@serious_jammage) October 9, 2017
The engine of the offense (Turner) is flooded. Hard to win with that being the case.— The Natidude (@TheNatidude) October 9, 2017
An empirical look at this series reveals one core shift that could flip everything on its head and turn things around for the Nats.— Carter KieBOO-m (@AndrewFlaxTNB) October 9, 2017
PUT ROBLES IN— Carter KieBOO-m (@AndrewFlaxTNB) October 9, 2017
THEY SCORED FIVE RUNS IN HIS ONE INNING AND 2 TOTAL IN THE OTHER 25, YOU GOTTA DO IT C'MON
If somebody could find a way to get this to Dusty Baker, the Nats might actually find a way to win this series (cc: @AndrewFlaxTNB) pic.twitter.com/br0owKGcVn— Matt Weyrich (@MattTalksSports) October 10, 2017
Again, just some wild guesses. It could also be the starting pitching, that’s been pretty dreadful.