This image courtesy of Fangraphs.
- Hothouse flower: Stephen Strasburg (+9.7%) only fans 3 but walks none, giving up 2 runs over 7 innings.
- He’s going to have to play Michael Buble before every AB now: Bryce Harper (+7.2%) continues his Opening Day dinger tradition, belting a solo shot out to right over the out of town scoreboard to put the Nats on the board in the 6th (+13.2%).
- New hero for now: Adam Lind makes a good first impression, cranking a two-run, pinch-hit HR over the wall just right of the center field accessway to put the Nats ahead in the aeyth (+45.1%).
- The true fireman: Sammy Solis (+12.1%) throws a quick, scoreless, aeyth to earn a shutdown.
- “Closers” are dumb: Blake Treinen (+7.5%) earns a shutdown with a 1-2-3 9th with 2 Ks.
Today’s WPA brought to you by keep the train rolling: