Image courtesy Fangraphs.
(What do these graphs and percentages mean?)
- Squeezed: Stephen Strasburg (+7.2% ) goes 6+ IP, giving up 1 run on 3 Ks and 3 walks, and leaving in the 7th with two on and no out (both runners later scored).
- Still the Face: Ryan Zimmerman (+16.9%) shoots a two-RBI double the other way to put the Nats ahead with two down in the 3rd (+20.1%).
- Pop off the bench: Wilmer Difo (+4.9%) follows up a Michael Taylor (-4.5%) fourth-inning triple (+5.8%) with a two-run homer to deep right-center (+9.8%).
- So... not closer material? Matt Albers (-19.5%) cashes in both of Stras’ runners on a hit and an error, failing to get an out in the 7th, earning a meltdown. Oliver Perez (9.7%) faces the next batter and lets in a run for his own meltdown.
- Classic form: Blake Treinen (+25.1%) gets a double play with his first pitch, following up with a K to finally end the 7th and earn a shutdown. Enny Romero (+8.3%) throws a 1-2-3 ayeth for another shutdown.
- Difo got his first: Bryce Harper (+0.6%) cranks a two-run missile into the back row of the seats in straightaway RF to pad his stats in the 9th and finally hit a homer in PNC park (+5.4%).
This WPA brought to you by echoes of summer: