Image courtesy Fangraphs.
- Don’t tire yourself out running the bases, dude: Stephen Strasburg (+26.0% pitching, +8.3% hitting) throws 5 2⁄3 scoreless innings with 5 Ks and 4 walks, although he leaves with two on. He helps himself at the plate by golfing a one-out solo bomb into left-center (+10.0%).
- Reigning PotM: Ryan Zimmerman (+12.2%) blasts a one-out solo shot into the visiting bullpen in the 5th (+9.1%).
- Good odds to be next PotW: Anthony Rendon (+15.6 %) is 3-4 with a walk, a first-inning RBI single to get the Nats on the board (+8.8%), and a majestic solo dinger into right center to go back-to-back with Zim in the 5th (+6.3%).
- Stop angering the BABIP gods: Blake Treinen (-8.2%) gets three outs after Stras’ exit, but lets in two runs in the 7th, leaving with 2 down and a man on 2nd to earn a meltdown.
- Patrick may have been right about him: Enny Romero (+13.6%) finishes the 7th and throws a 1-2-3 aeyth, with 3 of his 4 outs via Ks to earn a shutdown.
- I totally called this: Matt Albers (+8.9%) is the last pitcher standing, getting the final three outs of the game to earn a shutdown.
Tonight’s WPA brought to you by a break from prom: