Image courtesy Fangraphs.
- He is almost as good at pitching as Gio: Max Scherzer (+31.9%) throws 6 scoreless with 10 Ks despite 4 walks. Why didn’t you leave him in, Dusty?
- The other way: Daniel Murphy (+13.8%) doubles in a run with two down in the 4th to get the Nats on the board and in the lead (+13.9%).
- Two-out rally is best rally: Anthony Rendon (+21.6%) smacks a two-run bomb to left center after Murphy’s hit (+18.4%).
- Junk time is best time: Ryan Raburn (+0.9%) crushes a solo shot out to left-center to lead off the 7th (+4.7%).
- Not-an-all-star cashes in all the all-stars: Rendon jacks a no-doubt grand slam out to left center with one out in the 7th to pad his stats but good (+0.9%).
- Not to belabor this, but NOT an all-star: In addition to the dingers mentioned above, Rendon is 3-3 on the night with a pair of walks.
- No meltdown, no shutdown: Trevor Gott (-4.2%) gives up 5 runs in the 9th without getting an out, but then Matt Grace (+3.8%) gets three quick outs to end it.