Image courtesy Fangraphs.
(What do these graphs and percentages mean?)
- I remember being angry at him a lot, but now I can’t remember why: Edwin Jackson (+11.0%) puts up 7 innings of two-run ball with 3 punch-outs and no walks.
- Phenom: Bryce Harper (+35.5%) is 4-4 with a first-inning solo shot for the early lead (+10.8%) and an ayeth-inning triple to set up another go-ahead run (+22.2%).
- Comeback: Anthony Rendon (+17.2%) hits a game-tying solo bomb to lead off the 7th (+20.7%), then Ryan Zimmerman (-0.6%) singles in Harp in the 8th to put the Nats ahead (+7.0%).
- AL ball is for stat-padders: Adam Lind (+19.8%) makes the most of his DH appearance with a 3-4 night, including a meaningless solo dinger to lead off the 9th (+8.5%).
- Promising? Ryan Madson (+13.4%) throws a 1-2-3 ayeth to hold the lead and earn his first shutdown as a Nat, albeit with no grounders. Sean Doolittle (+8.1%) allows a run but holds the lead to finish the game in the 9th and earn his first shutdown under the curly W, albeit with no strikeouts.