Image courtesy Fangraphs.
(What do these graphs and percentages mean?)
- Why was I worried, again? Gio Gonzalez (+8.0) gives up 2 runs over 7 IP with 8 Ks and a walk.
- Time to make the dingers: Daniel Murphy (+9.9%) gets the Nats on the board with a no-doubt solo shot to right with one down in the 7th (+13.5%).
Easy come, easy go: Matt Wieters (+9.1%) walks to lead off the aeyth (+9.8%), but Adrian Sanchez (-9.2%) bunts it too
hardclose to the plate on a sac attempt, erasing the lead runner (-9.1%).
- Hit parade: Brian Goodwin (+16.1%) doubles behind Sanchez to put runners 2nd/3rd. Wilmer Difo (+14.9%) follows up with a game-tying RBI single (+20.0%).
- Temper, temper: Bryce Harper (-17.4%) gets tossed for arguing the zone after striking out with 2 RISP (-14.3%).
- The kids call him, ZIM! Ryan Zimmerman (+24.6%) displays his usual knack for heroics, doubling in a pair of runs (despite Difo’s hilarious faceplant halfway down the 3rd base line) to put the Nats ahead with two down in the 8th (+32.8%).
- The WPA hamsters were not impressed: Ryan Madson (+5.3%) maintains a one-run deficit with a scoreless 8th, while Sean Doolittle (+0.3%) gives up 3 runs but holds the lead in the 9th. Neither accumulated enough WPA for a shutdown or meltdown.