Image courtesy Fangraphs.
- You’re killin’ me, Dusty! Max Scherzer (+15.3%) stays in for six innings of two-run ball, running his pitch count up over 100 for no real reason with 9 Ks and 3 walks. He’s 1-1 with a pair of walks at the plate, sparking the 3rd-inning rally.
- One of two necessary dingers: Bryce Harper (+15.5) smacks a two-run shot in the first for the early lead (+12.5%).
- Apres moi, le déluge (of junk-timing): Brian Goodwin (+16.1%) hits a two-run bomb for the winning tallies in the 3rd, spurring a run of stat-padding copycats (+10.6%).
- Back-to-et-cetera: Wilmer Difo (+2.5%), Harper, and Ryan Zimmerman (+0.6%) follow up with a rain of solo shots after Goody (+3.8%, +2.5%, and +1.6%, respectively).
- It never stops with this lot: Anthony Rendon (-0.4%) adds a 5th HR in the 3rd with a one-out solo dinger (+1.1%), Zim hits another bomb in the 4th (a two-run shot for +0.1%), and Jose Lobaton (-0.3%) caps it off with a two-run jack of his own with one down in the 4th (-0.1%... yes, -0.1%... I assume the WPA hamsters were punch-drunk with rounding errors at this point).